We are seeking an Analytical Scientist in our Montpellier (Jacou) facility to participate in our ongoing success as a profitable, fast-growing, socially responsible company dedicated to Global Health. As an Analytical Scientist within the Analytical Competency Center, you will be involved in the development, validation, and implementation of analytical methods using Spectroscopy / Spectrometry systems to support our Assessment and Development Projects.
- Assist the technical effort of the Analytical Center in the development, validation and transfer of Spectroscopy / Spectrometry methods.
- Work independently to design and perform quality scientific experiments to develop robust analytical methods. Implement Quality-by-Design (QbD) concepts in method development. Make sound scientific conclusions and decisions.
Support transfer of test methods to internal (DPDE teams) and external (CMOs, CROs) end users.
- Draft and review analytical methods, protocols, and reports independently and execute study protocols
- Compile and analyze data and present to the team during technical meetings
- Participate in client meetings and / or teleconferences when required, communicating in English
- Support continuous improvement efforts in lab procedures, develop best practices and ensure compliance with quality control procedures.
- Identify and evaluate new analytical technologies. Expand existing analytical capabilities.
- Keep abreast of analytical latest developments
- Design regulatory stability studies and generate regulatory stability data (externally or internally) and QC testing data (externally or internally) of regulatory and clinical batches
Experience / Education
- PhD or MSc in Analytical Chemistry
- At least 3 years of pharmaceutical experience for those with a MSc degree developing Spectroscopy/Spectrometry method development, validation and transfer
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant ICH Guidelines and Pharmacopoeias
- Transnational / international educational or work experience
- Experience working in an international team or with international clients preferred
- Experience in writing scientific documents in English preferred
Scientific / Technical
- Strong knowledge in designing and analyzing NMR methods
- Knowledge of QbD principles in relation to Analytical Method Development & Validation
- Spectroscopic and spectroscopic techniques as LC-MS, UV, FTIR and RAMAN analysis
- Experience in the use of MestRenova® and MassLynx® software is a plus
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative