We are seeking a Polymer Process Development Technician to join our Montpellier (Jacou) facility.
The Polymer Process Development Technician performs copolymers development trials at Lab & KiloLab scale. He/She will be part of the POLYmer Center of Expertise and will be responsible for:
- Preparing and performing polymer synthesis and purification trials in the Lab with appropriate sampling plan
- Performing analysis and data processing in accordance with establish SOPs,
Ensuring traceability by writing, recording and documenting protocols.
- Prepare and execute technical work plan in accordance with tasks, timeframes and milestones defined.
- Write detailed protocols, short reports and document activities for traceability.
- Hands-on laboratory usage of various equipment to synthesize, purify and analyze polymers, impurities and related substances.
- Support Control Quality Attributes (CQA), Critical Process Parameters (CPP) and In-Process Controls (IPC) identifications for polymers.
- Perform analysis, data processing, data review and interpretation for standard characterization methods such as KF, NMR, GPC, HPLC, GC…
- Ensure that activities are performed in accordance with established process and SOPs.
- Support the manufacturing of non-GMP Polymer batches for development purpose (up to 2kg).
- Support troubleshoot and deviation issues.
- Commit to a clean, safe and healthy environment.
- Report any situation presenting a potential risk to health and safety of self and others.
- Write, update and review SOPs.
- Bac + 2-3, BSc or License Pro in Chemistry or Polymer Science.
- First experience (minimum 6 months) in chemical synthesis and/or process development.
- Lab scale Synthesis
- Analytical Techniques and related software
- Experience in writing reports, protocols and other documents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Native speaker or good level of French Language
- Basic skills in oral and written English
- General behavior needs to be exemplary
- Good Listener
- Good communication skills
- Display Team spirit
- Ability to work with others in a highly collaborative and multicultural environment
- Daily challenges overcome with scientific approach and problem-solving skills
- Desire to continuously improve and progress
- Effective and focused on Priorities