We are seeking a Formulation Scientist in our Montpellier (Jacou) facility to participate in our ongoing success as a profitable, fast-growing, socially responsible company dedicated to Global Health.
As a Formulation Scientist, you will be attached to the Research and Innovation department at Medincell and participate to a partnered research program aiming at the development of new bioresorbable formulations. Under the supervision of the Principal investigator (PI), you will be working closely with other team members and the partner with the goal of screening, evaluating and selecting innovative compositions to fit with a new administration route up to an In Vivo evaluation. Your mission will also be to identify, set-up and validate characterization techniques and related understanding of this new administration route. Ultimately, engaged in a multidisciplinary department, you will contribute to the smooth exchange and dynamic of the team by participating in regular meetings.
- Design, development and characterization of innovative formulations for targeted local delivery
- Evaluate the stability, compatibility and understand possible interactions within the different formulation components;
- Identification or design of an in vitro release set-up for mimicking the targeted administration route in order to improved prediction of the in vivo outcome;
- Based on several incomes, perform together with the team the evaluation and selection of promising formulations;
- Transfer of promising formulations to an external partner for in vivo evaluation and participate in the interpretation and compilation of obtained results;
- Perform literature reviews around the appointed research topic;
- Compile and critically analyze the data obtained. Present the data in English;
- Participate in protocol and results documentation. Assure excellent traceability;
- Provide regular updates to the PI.
Experience and Education
- PhD in polymer science, physical-chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or a related topic;
- Strong experience with a variety of formulation and characterization techniques;
- Interdisciplinary knowledge and transnational educational or work experience in the drug delivery field;
- Experience with hydrogels and/or organogels, knowledge of responsive materials would be a plus;
- Knowledge in quality standards would be a plus.
- Sound knowledge of biodegradable/bioresorbable polymer-based formulations;
- Strong knowledge of chemistry and material sciences;
- Sound knowledge of material and API characterization (UPLC, NMR, GPC, FT-IR, Rheology, DSC, DLS, GC-MS, LC-MS, DRX, imaging techniques, etc..);
- Strong critical mindset, problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral);
- Proficiency in English (both written and oral) and computer skills.
- Open-minded and collaborative
- Curious, strong desire to solve problems
- Motivatied by the laboratory work
- Well organized, ability to work on different tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Openness and ability to adapt to changing situations
- Strong work ethic