As the Supply Chain & Scheduling Manager you will lead supply chain operations across Medincell to ensure timely availability of consumables and raw materials to the various lab units to avoid any shortage or delay in the projects. This includes collaborating with key functions such as Purchasing, Finances, General Services, IT, Stakeholders and Quality to define requirements, develop plans and timelines, and coordinating and executing project activities.
We’re offering a fantastic opportunity as this is a newly created role and You will be working as part of an extensive international team and develop strong working relationships across the division and with our customers. You will work across a range of projects and will be able to develop your knowledge and experience. We are looking for someone who is highly organised and able to manage projects: someone who is proactive and driven in their style of working and who has exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Create the company’s supply chain strategy, evaluate and report on KPIs.
- Anticipate, forecast, schedule and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and supply of lab materials. This covers the regular needs for MedinCell in consumables and raw materials and the anticipation of the outsourcing of projects to CDMO.
- Interact closely with Purchasing and Finances Departments to determine most cost-effective solutions with no risk of supply stock disruption. Compile and provide accurate supply forecast with a budget estimate and keep it updated to anticipate purchase requests and costs.
- Negotiate with manufacturers, distributors, brokers, and transportation companies to set best route, rate and speed (review and recommend approbation of all terms and agreements).
- Participate to the implementation of an appropriately documented reception process in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Rationalize the list of references in the lab. Harmonize the list of consumables over the lab, still considering the specificities.
- Identify and put in place a list of preferred suppliers with back-ups.
- Contribute to the implementation of a computerized stock management system. Once implemented, monitor inventory levels to ensure rotation and maximize working capital.
- Support proper utilization of ERP system (SAP or others) with the management of expiry dates and stocks.
- Train new users in supply chain procedures and computerized system
- Interact on a daily basis with the operational staff to capture the projects KPI and the supply needs with timelines. Track proactively any delay or acceleration of needs.
- Challenge the accuracy and relevance of the requests.
- Interact with General Services to control the stock level and adapt it to the project needs accordingly.
- Participate in the definition of the software needs and be the communication channel with IT for improvement/update and effective daily functioning.
- Commit to ensuring that all activities are performed and documented in accordance with regulations and internal Quality rules.
- Participate to the review/improvement of the supply SOPs.
- Be responsible for the adherence and respect of these SOPs.
Experience / Education
- Master or Bac+5 in Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent experience with at least 7-year experience in Supply Chain Management and Scheduling in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Supply chain, scheduling and logistics management experience.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical company under GMP/GLP/GDP environment and/or Pharmaceutical R&D.
- Experience in the management/implementation of ERP software.
- Experience in a matrix environment and transversal management.
- Strong organisational and self-management skills.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred